Thursday, April 17, 2014



It's Holy Thursday, and I'm looking around wondering what I'm supposed to do. The Barbarians are at the gates and everyone's just carrying on going to the Forum and the Games and pretending everything's the same as always.
Today I feel like there's almost nothing left to say or do but wait. I remember feeling exactly like this when 9-11 hit the world. I looked up at the sky and said, "Well, what the hell am I supposed to do about THIS?!"

I've spent 15 years braying on the trumpet, trying to warn everyone about the asteroid. Now I feel like I just want to wait quietly for whatever's next.

Long-time bloggie-buddy Steve Skojec just sent me this, and it pretty much sums up what I'm thinking:

"And there amid the prayer and the fasting and all that attend the struggle to obtain self-mastery, young Benedict made an important discovery, one which would enable him to become a great light upon an age whose descent into darkness could not to be dispelled in any other way. He saw that by his very exertions to overcome himself, to draw nearer to God, to respond to those promptings of grace that Christ had come to dispense, the world that he’d fled was itself becoming a better and more wholesome place. In other words, by turning his back on the world in order to turn his face to God, Benedict had become, quite unwittingly, an instrument of the world’s regeneration.

"As if the world could only be saved by those who turn their backs upon it."

I think I'll just toddle off to church now, and I suggest y'all do the same.



~