Thursday, May 26, 2011

Andrea J. Smith


I have no idea if Andrea is the best teacher of classical realist drawing and painting in the world, not having studied with all the teachers in the world.


But I'm fairly convinced she is the best one for me.

If you live in Rome, or even if you are staying only for a few days, you can study with her too. She gives short little speeded up courses in the sight-size drawing method for people who are only here a short time.

One of the things I admire most about her is her fearlessness.

She drove a 50cc Honda motorbike, named, of course, "Hanibal," over the Alps. Not making it up.

In the last couple of weeks, she's been in France teaching a plein air workshop in landscape painting,


and I'm insanely jealous.




Where was I?

Oh yeah. Having surgery.

Booo...



~

No comments: