Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mates, maid! how mean you that? no mates for you, Unless you were of gentler, milder mould.

I am ashamed that women are so simple
To offer war where they should kneel for peace;
Or seek for rule, supremacy and sway,
When they are bound to serve, love and obey.

...

Come, come, you froward and unable worms!
My mind hath been as big as one of yours,
My heart as great, my reason haply more,
To bandy word for word and frown for frown;
But now I see our lances are but straws,
Our strength as weak, our weakness past compare,
That seeming to be most which we indeed least are.



~

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Feminism is one of the infernal regions best programs. It echoes that 'I will not serve' and is rooted in nothing but lies about what it means to be human and man and woman. Its sole concern is power. The radfem's zeal for abortion is simple: what is more powerful (& demonic) than denying life?

Contrast that with our Lady's Life-giving "be it done unto me according to Thy word."

Submission is natural to woman. When women find their way back to this, creating an atmosphere of respect and honor in the home, society, Church through loving, serving, and obeying, society will be affected for the better. Slow work. It is easier to smash than to build. But that is true power.

Anonymous said...

I do love that speech.

Joanne said...

Guess I needed to vent or something.