Friday, March 19, 2010

Fighting the War in Italy



Just found the blog of some nice people I met in Washington, Culturale Lepanto, a group based in Rome that defends the Christian voice in political life.

And yes, we all commented on how funny it was that I had to go all the way to Washington to meet people from Rome. It got even funnier when I found out that they go to my parish every week.

They're busy people, putting out a newsletter, organising events and publishing excellent books explaining the Catholic Church's positions on things like homosexuality and marriage.

They've got a few other websites:

Centro Culturale Lepanto, their main site,


Lepanto Focus
, where you can download their newsletters (in Italian),

And they're on Facebook.

2 comments:

PCM said...

Excellent, thanks for the links. "Ipsa conteret" is a great motto. Is the title picture on their blog from January in DC?

By the way, either your link to their main site got messed up or Blogger scrubbed it(?) from your post. Google Chrome informs me it "contains elements from the site jabaqgyjthr.com, which appears to host malware". Whether this is true or not I don't know.

Kathleen said...

I'm using Chrome too, and all the links came out good for me, FWIW.

Sounds like a great group.