Friday, April 03, 2009

Real history in ten seconds or less

heh. This is funny.

Six historial villains who were actually OK guys.

Scotland: Help us, Edward Longshanks, you're our only hope!

Longshanks: Sure, I'll be glad to help. But first, I'll be needing Scotland.

Scotland: You'll be needing Scotland to do what?

Longshanks: To belong to England. I'll be needing you to give me Scotland.

Scotland: Oh. Er. Hm. OK, you can have our country, as long as you give it back when you're done.

Longshanks: ...Sure. I'll give it back. (rolls eyes)

Scotland: Huzzah! I don't see how this could possibly go wrong!


Yeah, yeah. I learned all my English history from the movies too, and frankly, I've got no problem with that. I know it's all rubbish, I know they get it all catastrophically wrong all the time, but it beats the hell out of reading history books. What's fun about that?

Being a kind of historian myself, I know enough about how things are perceived to give the entire business a whole raft of grains of salt.

And yes, I know perfectly well that his heir was not the son of William Wallace. Sheesh. Ya think I'm an idjit?

No comments: