Monday, January 19, 2009

Thoughtcrime of the Day: Western civilization has become a vast suicide cult.

Well, yes. I think it's something we've been trying to tell people for some time.

I'm not the one who came up with the idea:

It was then that I came to realize how,
in the name of progress and compassion, the most terrible things were going to be done, preparing the way for the great humane holocaust, about which I have spoken. There was, it seemed to me, a built in propensity in this liberal world-view whereby the opposite of what was intended came to pass.


Take the case of education. Education was the great mumbo--jumbo of progress, the assumption being that educating people would make them grow better and better, more and more objective and intelligent. Actually, as more and more money is spent on education, illiteracy is increasing. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't end up with virtually the whole revenue of the western countries being spent on education, and a condition of almost total illiteracy resulting therefrom.

4 comments:

N. Trandem said...

I obviously need to pray for more charity, as whenever I read about this I cackle gleefully over the thought of the liberals relentlessly culling their own kind. It'll certainly make the odds better when the shooting starts...

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

You sound a lot like a certain young theology graduate student of our mutual acquaintance.

N. Trandem said...

He's got a better cackle, though.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I'm just informed that the correct term is "maniacal laughter".