Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I should have known

As if his weird obsession with teaching Catholics that their Faith is in vain were not enough,

Paul Zachary "PZ" Myers (born March 9, 1957) is an American biology professor at the University of Minnesota Morris (UMM) and the author of the science blog Pharyngula. He is currently an associate professor of biology at UMM,[1] works with zebrafish in the field of evolutionary developmental biology (evo-devo), and also cultivates an interest in cephalopods.


He's a Radial Symmetrist!

Aaaagh!

I should have realised it when I saw the little icon of an octopus on his blog.

How more proof DO WE NEED?!


* ~ * ~ *

(For those who think I've lost my marbles, this is an in-joke for people who have read me more than three years.)

2 comments:

Mark S. Abeln said...

Hm. Ugly modern churches also have radial symmetry. Coincidence?

Hilary, I took this photo just for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/msabeln/2697432819/

Zach said...

Not only that, the Presiding Bishopess of the Episcopal Church is a former oceanographer:

She earned a bachelor’s degree (1974) in biology from Stanford University and a master’s (1977) and doctorate (1983) in oceanography from Oregon State University, where she specialized in the evolution of squids and octopuses of the northeastern Pacific.

I do believe you're starting to persuade me about the cephalopod threat...


peace,