Saturday, July 05, 2008

Dreams

At first I thought it would be fun to open a tea shop in Rome.

Or, perhaps I mean a "Tea Shoppe". The sort I grew up surrounded by in Victoria, that always had very nice but mismatched china and a picture of the Queen on the wall.

Then I started reading H. V. Morton's book, A Traveller in Rome, and discovered that there was already a Tea Shoppe in Rome. A really famous and good one.

So never mind that.

Then I decided my real dream is to open a book shop in Rome. An English language book shop.

This one, specifically:


It's a dream of mine.

Been one for at least, oooo...20 minutes.

2 comments:

Iohannes Carolus Crassus said...

You wouldn't approve of Babbington's. It hasn't been run by Englishmen for, oh, several decades. Now it's just overpriced and riding on its reputation. Plus there are so few Englishmen left that they can run the place however they want and nobody really knows whether it's a real Tea Shoppe or not.
Also, Rome is not a book town. There are many antique book stores, but no used book stores. It's a rather sad state of affairs.
I blame the Rissorgimento, of course.

Anonymous said...

Bloody foreigners!